Beautiful Wooded Homesites on rolling hills. Large and small acreage lots!
Barton Springs Estates is set in the natural beauty of huge oaks and rolling hills providing a welcome retreat from a busy schedule. This 425+ acre master planned development is situated in a wooded area surrounding and overlooking Barton Springs Lake, a 25 acre reservoir built in the early 1900's. The property is level to gently sloping with a variety of native trees accenting beautiful building sites. The subdivision's close proximity to Longview and Gilmer give residents easy access to shopping, recreation, medical and employment centers. Gilmer ISD has TEA "Recognized" rated elementary.
Restrictions have been recorded to maintain the integrity of the neighborhood. All sites are restricted to custom site-built homes. Minimum square footage is 1,800 sf of living area. Mobile homes are not permitted. Per the Homeowner Association, dues will be $220 per year per lot starting 7/1/14. See summary below.
Taxing entities are: Upshur County, Gilmer ISD, Upshur County Rural Fire District. Please contact the Upshur County Appraisal District office at 903-843-3041 for tax rates.
Utilities services available through:
Upshur Rural Electric Co-op
Bi-County Water Supply
Etex Telephone (also offers TV and Hi-Speed Internet)
IESI waste disposal service
Each homeowner is responsible for installing an individual aerobic septic sytem as approved by Upshur County.
Gilmer Fire Department and Upshur County Sheriff Department.
While we do our best to provide accurate information about availability of services, sometimes things change. We strongly suggest that you verify the services you require are in fact available to the property you are considering.
From Longview, go north on Highway 300 (Gilmer Road), right on FM 726, left on FM 1650. Go approximately 3 miles to property on both sides of the road. Alternate Longview route: Go north on Highway 259, left onto FM 1650, then 9 miles to Barton Springs Estates on both sides of road. Turn on Teal then Pintail for Phase 3 or turn on Cardinal then Widgeon for Phase 4.
From Gilmer, go east on Highway 154 approximately 4 miles to property at intersection of FM 1650. Signs should be visible.
Restrictions apply to maintain a quality environment for the neighborhood.View Summary of Restrictions
This is a summary of the Restrictions binding upon Barton Springs Estates subdivision.
As a summary, this document includes only selected information-not the full text. Complete text of the recorded restrictions may be obtained from the Upshur County Clerk's office or the Developer.
* All lots are to be used for single-family residence only (no businesses).
* Houses to have pitched roof of composition shingle.
* Houses to have masonry exterior, with waiver possible only by Developer or Homeowner's committee.
* Dwelling to be minimum of 1,800 square foot heated and cooled area.
* No structure taller than 2 stories or 30 feet.
* No above-ground swimming pools.
* Two-vehicle garage or carport required.
* Driveway at least 12' wide with surface of asphalt or concrete.
* No mobile homes allowed.
* Accessory structures may be up to 1500 square feet.
* Privacy fencing is limited to 6' height and allowed only to rear and sides of dwelling.
* No barbed wire within 150' of road.
* Lot must have grass or other ground cover planted and maintained by regular mowing or care.
* No unregistered vehicles, rubbish or other junk can be stored on the property.
* Vehicles in excess of one ton cannot be parked on any lot or common area within the subdivision.
* Removal of healthy timber from a lot requires approval of Developer.
* No discharging of firearms.
* No noxious or offensive activity permitted.
* Most animals are allowable, but must be confined to Owner's property and must not be a nuisance.
* No For Sale signs permitted on any empty lot.
* Lot owners adjoining the lake have exclusive access to the lake, and are also responsible for maintenance of the dam and spillway.
* Adhere to "catch and release" fishing.
* No gas-powered watercraft on the lake; no docks or piers on the lake; no pumping water from the lake.
* All Lots are subject to membership in a Homeowner's Association with dues collected annually.
* All restrictions subject to change by the Homeowners' Association.
NOTE: After clicking on "View Complete Restrictions" above, scroll down to view any addendums, amendments or restrictions for subsequent phases.
The broker has assembled this information from materials furnished by the owner and from other sources considered reliable. Any sketches and maps have been prepared for viewing convenience only. Distances and characteristics are approximate and may not have been verified. Additionally, the sketch or map may not show all of the characteristics that affect the property, such as easements, fence lines, roads, etc. Interested parties are advised to investigate to their satisfaction whether the land is suitable for their intended use. We cannot be responsible for errors, omissions, prior sale, withdrawal or change in price.